Thursday, November 11, 2010

Lotto 6/55

The jackpot for this new PCSO product has reached around P380 million last Wednesday, and for the nth time nobody got the perfect combination to amass the big pot. This phenomenon enticed both the old time bettors and newbies. I for one was encouraged to try my luck, and I participated in around four draws. I did not get even 3 numbers right. And I said, "winning this should be really hard."

But contrary to my experience, my roommate who has no idea about the ballooning prize and I was the one who encouraged him to try his luck at the last minute of the closing time, even got a 3 number combination. He got 150 for it. Luck, as they say, comes when you really are lucky.

But how really hard it is to win in 6/55?
PCSO insiders say a person who bets on a number combination has 1 in 28.9 million chance of winning, and only 25 per cent of these numbers are being bet on. This means 75 per cent of the 28.9 million combinations have no bets placed on them. This explains why after so many draws, the prize is still at stake. On last Wednesday's draw, only 1/4 of the total combinations have bets placed on them.

No comments: